We certainly wish we didn’t have to send this email.
As you have likely heard by now, youth sports will be taking a state-wide mandated pause to help curb the spread of COVID-19, ensure our healthcare system isn’t overrun, and help our communities stay healthy.
EVHA will be on pause effective Friday, November 20 at 11:59 PM for a minimum of four (4) weeks, per the state mandate. As noted earlier in the week:
- All team events are cancelled for the duration of the pause. Do not show up for ice times, games, picture nights, or traveling tournaments starting Saturday, November 21st. We will email when we are able to resume with the assumption the already published schedule works with our rink provided ice.
- We will be work to reschedule picture nights after the pause.
- Do not travel to your tournaments scheduled this weekend. Out of town tournaments are cancelled during the pause (please ask your team manager regarding any Friday night games if the tourney is local - some are having scrims on Friday.) Do not forget to contact your hotel to cancel your reservation! We will be working with our traveling tournament hosts to determine the fate of these tourneys and what refunds we will receive. Unfortunately, we may not be able to find replacement tournaments this season.
- Our hosted Valkyrie Tournament is cancelled. We will make a call on our Play for Patrick Tournament after we learn the availability of our visiting teams and when it is known if the pause will or will not be extended.
- We will NOT be immediately issuing refunds or cancelling payments at this time:
- It is our hope that we will be able to restart and complete the season after the pause is over.
- It is possible the season could get extended, as it was for Fall Sports.
- The inside dining closure of bars/restaurants will negatively impact our gambling donations for the season. At this time, we cannot calculate the financial impact of these closures.
- We will be reviewing our overall costs/expenses in the February/March timeframe when we have more clarity as to how the season will end up. Any calculated true-up refunds will be provided before the end of our fiscal year (end of April) and final costs have been calculated.
- If an unfortunate scenario where the season is cancelled in its entirety were to occur, our timelines will adjust accordingly.
- We will be reviewing volunteer requirements for the season. Because our need for volunteers has decreased with the loss of the Valkyrie Tournament, we will be reviewing the hours requirement for the season.
- Please see the letter from MN Hockey regarding the state-wide pause below.
EVHA’s board will hold a special meeting tomorrow to discuss any additional details as we continue to learn of any additional repercussions from our partners, MN Hockey, and our host rinks.
Stay Safe/Stay Healthy