Attendance Area Requirements

MN Hockey Rules indicate that players must play in the association within their high school attendance area, in the case of EVHA that is the Eastview High School attendance area.

MN Hockey Participation Rule

PLEASE VERIFY YOUR HIGH SCHOOL ATTENANCE AREA by checking your attendance area via the District 196 Attendance Area Locator tool.

Then check if you are eligible to play with EVHA by reading the EVHA Participation Policy



  • If you live outside our attendance area and want to wave into EVHA:
    • If you already have a School Attendance Waiver, you only need to refresh it if you move, otherwise:
    • Please contact your home association president to receive a waiver. The process starts with your HOME association.   Please do not register with EVHA until you have a completed waiver signed by your home association.  Contact your home association for a waiver form: their association president must sign first before EVHA can consider your request.
  • If you live inside our attendance area and want to waive out of EVHA:
    • If you already have a school waiver, you only need to refresh that waiver when you move.
    • Please contact for more information.
  • If you have other circumstances in which you would like to waive-out of EVHA, please note we generally only accept school attenence waivers or no team waviers.  Please contact to start your request.

Birth Certificate Requirement

If this is your first time playing for EVHA, players MUST provide a copy of their government issued birth certificate to our registrar prior to your participation.  We usually collect these at the first event of the season or provide a drop location.  This is a requirement of Minnesota and USA Hockey.   Instructions on how to submit a copy will be presented during the registration process.

Questions?  Email for more information.